|photo from May 2012 at the beach|
Yesterday my husband and I celebrated twenty five years of marriage. In the spirit of sharing parts of me, I have created a list of why and how we are married twenty five years successfully.
1. We love each other
2. We like each other
3. We love to take aimless rides in the car together
4. We value education at all levels
5. If I've read a great classic he has seen the movie version
6. I am terrible at directions for cities, malls you name it-he knows where to go
7. I am the person that sits on the beach with the belongings, he is the one to swim with the kids
8. He is excellent with children's injuries, checking wounds, deciding if stitches are needed
9. I am very good with stomach bugs (a skill he does not have)
10. We frequently say the same thing at the same time about weird stuff
11. We both do not liked to be teased too much
12. At amusement parks he rides all the up and down ones, I do the spinning ones.
13. When the kids were in school he did all the late night pickups, I did all the morning drop offs.
14. We love to save money
15. I love to talk and he is a willing listener (after coffee of course)
16. Family is important to both of us
17. We rarely worry about the same stuff
18. He likes to be alone but he can be alone with me
19. He recognizes people but I remember their names and where we met them
20. We are best friends
21. He was the good cop I was the bad cop but sometimes we switched it up to keep the kids guessing
22. We went to all the band/concert performances together for the kids
23. We joke around a lot and laugh every day
24. He loves hand knitted socks, I like making them!
25. We cannot imagine being with anyone else :)