Silk Featherweight Cardigan
I bet you are wondering why I haven't mentioned my featherweight being done and showing it off. The first two photos show the sweater completed before blocking and shaping. I was quite pleased with how it turned out. Very very pleased.
Then I blocked it. I soaked it and wished I would gain an inch in length. Well-I gained many inches!! Silk has little to no memory and it just stretched long. So I did get my length but in the process I lost my width of the button band! I also did a stretchy bind off (do not do this on a button band) so it was wavy and quite ugly.
I undid the bind off and knit another 2+ inches with a smaller needle size and bound off the regular way. I just finished today and ran upstairs to steam block the button band.
I am so happy now!! I am happy that I slept on what I wanted to achieve and how I was going to do it. Now I can wear it without being grumpy :) I am also happy that I have ravelry friends who helped give advice on silk handling-steam blocking seems to be the way to work with silk.
In case you are wondering, I believe this will be my only silk sweater, it caused too much stress!!